Saturday, September 1, 2012

Gidday (typical kiwi greeting there) - perhaps we have been here too long -hehe!

So I just wanted to post something quick because every so often I check the comments on this blog (even though we haven't really been on air, I can see the views from all around the world and it is nice to know that it is still attracting some like minded folks). Any hoo - just recently Claudette and Shirley and JC said they would like some further information/contact details. You can email me at marcosybet@gmail.com and fire away any questions. If I don't know the answer, then I am sure Aaron and Amanda (who as most know are still in Cuenca) will be able to help. In the meantime I wish you well on your endeavors to move where the need is great - you won't regret your decision to do so.

Quick update on us while I am here. Happily Mark finished the service year (and his time) on a high - his last call was with an Ecuadorian!! On Thursday we also had a lovely visit with a Mexican lady who has just been in the country 4 weeks. She has some strange ideas but is happy to be able to speak spanish with someone - who knows where it will lead.

I am employed again - at my old job in the bank (talk about being sucked back into our old life) - it is casual work but I seem to be getting enough to keep Mark in the style he has become accustomed to, so that is good. It also means that if I don't have to fill in for anybody - I can still go out witnessing with Mark during the week. I can be thankful the bank wanted to employ me again actually, because being a little bit older now, and in the economic climate, work is not so easy to come by here. Jehovah really has looked after us.

Not only is it the new service year today but it is also the first day of spring here in NZ. Looking forward to some warmer weather and fresh spring veggies.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!

Me (and sometimes my husband) have followed your blog for about 2 years. I think I have posted a comment before. Your blog have been very encouraging to us. We would like to travel to another country to see how life can be there. We´re thinking about an English congregation in Malaysia or Ecuador. Just two questions about Cuenca, how is the need there right now? We are not pioneers but wants to be someday. I have been before and long for it. Is parasites common in Cuenca? Hope you have time to answer. We will also write to Bethel for suggestions. Nice to hear about your good work in NZ. Keep blogging, I like the way you write!
From your sister and brother Petra and Joel in Sweden.

Unknown said...

Hi my name is Tim, My family and I are moving to Cuanca in November (7 of us total). This is VERY encouraging to read. Looking forward to the experiences.
We are in the states now, very small cong. My wife and mother and father in-law are from Ecuador. They moved to the states some 30-35 years ago.
EVERYONE is so excited about the move. We have 3 teenage kids 19, 17, & my daughter 14.

BettyW said...

Hello Bro and Sis.

Your post was the first one I found when I started researching brothers and sisters serving in need greater territories. I know that you have moved back to New Zealand but understand that you have family still serving in Cuenca.

My husband and I are planning to move there in about a year and a half to two years, and we have friends who will be moving sooner.

My question is whether or not your family have a blog that chronicles their preaching experiences and life in Cuenca. We would love to get a persecutive from the point of view of Jehovah's servants.

If not your family, do you know of other friends serving in that country who have blogs that we can follow?

Thank you so much.

Betty Wheeler
Tampa, Fl
813-767-3389