Friday, February 19, 2010

mmm -passionfruit season!


A very kind brother gave us a bag full of passionfruit after witnessing today and as you can see I tucked into a plateful for my lunch. They are not unlike the granadillas we had in Ecuador although there they are a different colour and different size (much larger). They taste very similar though with the seeds and pulp being eaten. I remember trying to make a syrup to top a cake with the granadillas over there (like we can do here with the passionfruit) and being quite embarrassed when the seeds after cooking, turned out to be like eating little stones so that taught me that even if things look the same and taste the same - they are not actually the same!
Hey by the way - you know how I said that 2 of my calls were potential studies? Well one of them has definitely turned into a regular study so I am really thrilled with that. Honestly the mentality really has changed here and it seems like not only the potatoes and passionfruit are ripe for harvesting!

4 comments:

AJ and Jordanne said...

That is wonderful to hear. Keep up the great work harvesting your neck of the woods!!

Just Me said...

Beth, although we are definitely missing you here (we have even invited some Aussies-it's the closest we could get-to stay for a couple of days), I am very happy to here that Jehovah is blessing your ministry.

Elizabeth in Ecuador (de nuevo) said...

Thanks you guys! Hey Kami who are these Aussies - you never know us down under people sometimes know each other!

The Kinlocher's said...

Yum I wish I had some of those.... oh hang on I do! What a very kind brother we have - you forgot to mention that he insisted on putting on morning tea for the three carloads out witnessing.