Monday, June 30, 2008

We are told we have to "just smile"

Anything official is a pain in the proverbial here and we have certainly found that out.
I might have mentioned that I lost my censo which is a ID card you must carry with you (no one has ever asked for it mind you) and I have been trying to get it replaced.
I rolled up to the Registration place where we first got it and they told me I had to have a police report saying I had lost it. Ok so a couple of days later I finally found a Police Station up the hill from us and by an interpretor was told I had to have a document from the registration place saying I needed a police report!!! I thought that really can't be true so today went to find the main police station. We were sent by the information office to the other side of the city and finally found the place - interesting that the police station has cows in the front yard! The very unhelpful chap in there gruffly told us - no we were in the wrong place and needed to go back into the city. It took us another hour to find the very small office. Well that is not the end of the story cause I explained my problem to the guy in there and he told me (hah I should really say - yelled at me, cause I had interrupted his game of patients on the computer) - I needed a document from a lawyer! Unbelievable! I could not stand it anymore and instead of just smiling as we have been advised - I burst into tears! Mark had to take me to a coffee shop to calm me down. And so the saga continues....

3 comments:

Marisa said...

Oh dear!! Sounds a lot like the 3rd world countries I've been to, though. Hope you get it sorted out!

The Milroys said...

You are right. Sounds like you have hit a 3 month slump. And thats all it is! You'll look back in a few months time and see how far you've come. You just cant see that yet. Remember,its still tough everywhere, your tough is just a little different! Dont forget the excitement you felt when you made the decision to go and the reason you are there. YOU ARE APPRECIATED! by your brothers and sisters here, for being so brave in stepping out of your comfort zone for Jehovah, by the brothers and sisters you have met,for making the effort to be part of their culture and learn their language for the sake of Jehovah, with the hearts you touch through the helping hand of Jehovah, and most of all Jehovah himself loves and appreciates you and will not let you stay down for long. Love to you both x x

The Kinlocher's said...

they say - "smile and the whole world smiles with you". Does that mean if you burst into tears the whole world bursts into tears with you? Obviously it didn't work coz otherwise Mark would have taken you and the policeman for a coffee! Sorry to hear that you are having a bad run. - Hope your day gets better from now on X