Sunday, October 9, 2011

I made sugar cookies for the party and as evidenced by the next photo - they went like hotcakes!

So the congregation had a farewell for us last night and thankfully people showed up for it. It was actually lovely and I only cried once (when little Cinthia, 6 years old, gave me a card she had made saying I was the most important person in her life -adorable) - so I did pretty well.

I made a video for the occasion of some of the friends we've made and a few highlights. Some of you may  feel like watching it even though it is of people you don't know. Be warned though it is about 8 minutes long - maybe you want to grab a coffee and put you feet up while you watch it?


(By the way - I plagiarized Aaron's cool trumpet music from the video of Brendon going to his study - it really is the coolest music, so I just had to use it again)

4 comments:

Elise said...

I loved the video! Thank you for sharing it. I sat down with a diet coke and goldfish crackers enjoyed every minute of it. I especially love how happy everyone was in the pictures...

Chad and Michele said...

awwww... what a great video! I am sooooo bummed that we missed the mega-party and most of all that you are leaving us! WAAAAAAAAA Thanks for the walk down memory lane, loved every minute of it and see you very soon! Love you guys...

The Kinlocher's said...

That was great - and althou I didn't know most of the people there I too enjoyed it. It looks like you have made a heap of freinds you are going to miss so much. I too watched all 8+ mins but with a cuppa tea and vogels bread with avo on....yum

Elizabeth in Ecuador (de nuevo) said...

Vogels Bread!!!! Thanks for the reminder - I'm jealous!

PS Thanks everyone for taking the time to watch xxx

PPS Looking forward to our lunch date in 2 weeks Michele!