Monday, May 19, 2008

Asamblea!

It´s been a busy old time the last few days - no time for blogging - sorry about that but it´s back to ¨normal¨now!

On Friday after service we made our way to the assembly hall to help with the cleaning of the chairs. They all had to be wiped down as they get very dusty. We got stuck at the hall cause it rained of course and came down in buckets - so we didn´t get home till around 6ish. I shoulda known that was not going to be good for me - too long without food I think cause the next day I woke with a migraine and it was a ¨doosey¨! There was no way I was going to be able to make it to the asamblea! So while I drugged myself to sleep - Mark was my eyes and ears at the hall. The baptism sounded interesting with everyone staying in their seats while one person from each congregation went up close to take the pictures. 2 brothers preformed the baptism duty with Doug being one of them. 24 in total were baptised including Doug and Lisa´s kids. Not often you get the job of baptising your own offspring - how cool for Doug!

Anyhow Sunday roled around and I was feeling spacey but better so 2 bus rides later we were back at the hall for day 2. The hall reminds me of ¨Misery¨Creek as it is just a big barn really. When it rains (which as you know - it does every day) it is very hard to hear anything. I´m told they have had to stop the program sometimes until it abates. One thing that is different is the car park is not full of cars - cause of course not too many brothers own vehicles so people arrive by bus or taxi mostly. It´s a strange feeling jumping on the bus dressed in your Sunday Best - good job we are used to being stared at!

I was gagging for a coffee by the time we got to the hall and wow they supply coffee! It smelt so good and then I took a swig - it was full of sugar and if you know anything about me - you would know that I take my coffee black,strong and sugarless. I was so disappointed! Mark got to drink my much needed coffee!

At lunch time Mark and Becky Mc. who have been here for 10 years came and sat by us and brought a little girl with them to feed her. Nancy is the neice of one of their studies who has 6 kids(not married) herself and has taken little Nancy in as well. Soon enough one of the other 6 kids found us and he was happy to devour any left overs we could give him. (Mum only brought bread apparently which was probably all she could afford).Anyway we have a friend for life now, Henry came and gave me a big hug at the end of the day - cute.

Cleaning afterwards was interesting - seemed very disorganised with brooms flying everywhere (no witcheypoo jokes pls). They lifted the seats forward-swept the dirt backwards, lifted the next row, swept the same dirt further back etc etc until finally at the back of the hall the dirt was swept up and trashed. It did get the job done in 45 minutes so I guess the system worked.

We were nearly last out as ¨G¨gave us a lift home and he is in the audit dept so nothing changes for us whatever country we are in!

2 comments:

The Kinlocher's said...

sorry you were unwell for day one - but that was bound to happen huh!
We tried to call on the weekend - but got a spanish speaking answerphone - was that yours?

The Kinlocher's said...

mum wants to know if the numbers on the video are for attendance at each session? Obviously baptism and is it the volunteers as well?