Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Breaking News

Just paid our monthly water bill - wait for it ..... $5.50. That is on a parr with our power and telephone bill which we paid last week. They were both around 5 bucks too!
The only other thing we have to pay for is the refilling of our 14.5 kilo gas bottles. That is the exhorbitant price of $2 per refill. I just have to say it is not a pleasant experience being in the shower and the hot water running out. Mark had to change the bottles over quick smart! The neighbours probably heard me screaming! and wondered what on earth was going on!

3 comments:

Just Me said...

Hello there! How are you? I heard that things that are going well for you and that you are doing great with your spanish. I just got your blog site from Chad so I thought that I would drop a line. I'm glad you are doing well, I hope to hear from you soon.
Your long lost California friend, Kami

The Kinlocher's said...

We see you are struggling with the cost of living over there so as a sacrific we will trade you our monthly bills! do you want our bank account details?

Elizabeth in Ecuador (de nuevo) said...

G & A Unfortunately we can´t afford to trade - we just found out it is going to cost $575 per person to change our ticket home! Looks like we might be stuck here!