Sunday, April 6, 2008

First meeting in Cuenca

We phoned The brother we had the number of and were told the meeting was on Saturday night. so we managed to make our way there by Taxi - $3.00 not bad for a half hour ride.
The Willis were very helpful - we went back to their house and had coffee and a lot of talk. It is decided we will get a apartment close and be in their congo until we learn the language more.
Got the taxi back to the hotel but the driver didn{t know quite where is was. We thought we did and said he could drop us off and we would walk the rest of the way. Panic set in (me) when we realized the land marks were not the same and it was now 11pm at night. So we hurried off back down the street and were a bit scared. The Taxi driver came back though - he had searched up and down the street (we were on the wrong side of the square) and he came back to find us. I wanted to give him another $2 but he said no - I pressed it on him though cause I felt he was so great to do that for us. Mark was not to happy about me doing that cause he thinks word will get out we are a soft touch - maybe!
I will try and post pictures as soon as I can
Adios

1 comment:

Marisa said...

Awww, that was very sweet of the taxi driver! :)