Friday, April 25, 2008

I am Alone In Ecuador

My husband has left me (well for the night anyway) He has gone with Chad and his study and a few others up the mountain to a lake to do some fishing and male bonding. I didn´t think I would be alone in a South American Country within the first month of being here.
All is good though - I feel quite safe. I can lock myself in the house tonight and watch a movie or two on the computer.
I am very tired at the moment as this morning at 8am I left the house to meet the group (I walked with the Willis family) - it was about a half hour walk (mostly up hill) then I was with a sister who was supposed to have 2 studies this morning - we walked (for miles again) to them but they were not home so then we got on a bus and went up the hill to another call of hers. No en casa there so we decided (or she decided) to walk down the hill - street witnessing as we went. It was interesting but tiring.
This afternoon I braved going on the bus by myself to the supermarket - half hour by bus away and I was so hungry by then that I stopped and had a whole pizza and coke for $3.75 - I really splurged on myself.
While in the supermarket line the famuly ahead of me started chatting to me - very interested in why we are here - he gave me his card just incase I ever need his services - he is a surgeon. He did say that he hopes I don´t need him but wanted me to have a contact just in case. Nice eh? Of course with my record or falling over and blowing houses up - it´s good to know.
Will let you know how Crocodile Mark gets on.
Chao

3 comments:

catherine said...

Hi Lonely in Cuenca I hope you have had an uneventful night without Mark and enjoyed havingthe computor to yourself. are you loosing any weight with all the walking? Lotsaluv Catherine

Elizabeth in Ecuador (de nuevo) said...

Hi Catherine - haven{t got any scales here so am just hoping I have scaled down a bit. Problem is when you walk so far you get home ready to eat a horse.(not quite hungry enough to eat the pig on the corner though)xxx

The Kinlocher's said...

is Crocodile Mark back home yet? how many movies did you watch and what about the horses - is there one less roaming the hillside?