Sunday, April 20, 2008

We are really cooking with gas!

I am glad I am still able to write to you. Last night I had a bit of an experience. I decided it was time I tried to bake something in my new gas oven however I obviously didn´t light it properly the first time and when I tried again there was a huge explosion! It blew the perspex out of the skylight in the kitchen and in the upstairs bathroom! Dogs from the neighborhood started barking and there was a very invasive smell of burnt hair (from my forearm).Other than the fright though I was fine but a little shaken!


Here is a picture of the 2 little girls I went witnessing with this morning. They are 8 and 9 years old and can hold a very interesting conversation with the householders. I am so impressed with the ability of the kids here - as you can see Shirley on the left has the bible open at the scripture she wants to read. Her mum and dad are not even baptized yet having only learnt the truth last year. Its amazing. NZ kids have a lot of catching up to do!


Mark was with a chap and they started a study - which they go to next sunday night. It is uncommon for studies not to be started each morning out so bring it on I say. Wish I could hurry up and learn this language.

Thought you might like to see how you buy bananas here.

4 comments:

The Kinlocher's said...

hi again
So glad you survived to tell the tale of the explosion-you will laugh about it one day...maybe! Hope you are ok though and am sure that the hair will grow back soon. The kids are cute love the braiding in the hair.As for the bananas hope they sell well would hate to have to clean up such a pile of rotting bananas. Will email you now too.
Take care love from us.

Elizabeth in Ecuador (de nuevo) said...

Hey can you send me Michaels email and Richard and Elaines too. Tell them - sorry I lost their´s somehow.xx

mykrv said...

Hi there folks
I just got back from rural witnessing. Spent the last two nights at the extremity of our territory (100kms from here)
Had a good day with one of the elders from our cong. we came across two different people one we spent over an hour with and the other we were there for two hours. Left a Bible Teach book with him and demonstrated how we study. Hopefully it will develope into a study. Only problem is it is so far away. We will go back within a month.
I hope you fullas are having a good time over there.

Marisa said...

Yes, we have no bananas... Oh, hang on. Yeah we do.

Glad to hear you are ok! Not a nice thing to have happen.

xxx