Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Yo no lo puedo creer!

(or in english - I cannot believe it!)

I have known for 3 weeks I have a talk next week and so have it all prepared - translated - checked and practiced (in other words - lots of time spent on it) only to find out today that I don't have the number 2 talk about being mild-tempered but have the number three talk about fearing Jehovah! Oh woe is me! (Good thing I had all that information about being mild-tempered eh?)
Speaking of talks - I am assigned to being a householder the week after my own talk and I notice the practice of making your more experienced householder (maybe in english - sure but I am pretty certain that I am not more experienced in speaking spanish than a native born Ecuadorian) prepare the talk is still done here. The sister came up to me the other night and even tried to give me the talk slip! I told her that I would only be able to HELP her do it - not prepare the whole thing. But that obviously didn't get through because at the group yesterday - she asked if I had finished it yet???

3 comments:

Damaris said...

OY!

AJ and Jordanne said...

Oy is right ~ I had to convey that once to a sister, that I can't write her talk (and frankly, she shouldn't have wanted me to given my lack of language skills!) and she actually understood right away and did a great job on it herself ~ I was soooo relieved!!!

Hope your "new" talk assignment is going okay!

The Kinlocher's said...

oh dear you do get yourself in scrapes sometimes don't you?