Friday, October 17, 2008

Look what I am having for my afternoon tea!


mmmmm- vegemite on crackers!
A treat was awaiting us when we went to the post office this morning! Not one but three tubes of vegemite (now I don't have to ration out the half a jar the girls gave us) sent by my dear mother-in-law (bless her cotton picking socks!). Also a good old New Zealand Woman's weekly (oops I mean the NZ version of the Australian WW) - to catch up with all the gossip about Suzanne Paul! Afternoon tea time was Bliss! Thank you Maureen!

So does anyone have any ideas for the Vegemite Party I am going to throw? Seriously, all the americans here are fascinated with what vegemite is - they have all heard the Men-at-Work song - "Man from Down Under" where he sings about having a vegemite sandwich so I now have the wherewithall to let them taste the stuff. Of course none of them will like it - you have to be born and bred in NZ or Aussie to acquire the taste buds to cope with it!

6 comments:

Marisa said...

Just make sure you have a camera on hand to capture their faces when they first taste it. :D

Mmmm, all this talk of Vegemite is making me crave a piece of toast...

Lynne said...

I say don't waste waist it on them - save it for yourselves!

Just kidding I am with marisa on that one - make sure the camera is primed and ready to go.

Ann

D.W. said...

The gate on our house makes an awful racket. The Vegemite grease in a tube looks like it will work fine to loosen up those noisy hinges. Bring it on over Mark!! I'd hate to waste it on the gringos. They'd probably just get crook on the stuff.

Elizabeth in Ecuador (de nuevo) said...

DW:Ha Ha - the gringos might get crook but at least they won't be "knacked or dodgy!"

The Scottys said...

*Good old classic 'come from a land down under"
Glad to see you both are not doing too many blunders!!
*Happy to see you have some aussie/ kiwi delights,
*This is a blogg short and sweet,
as we off out the doors to firends to meet!!!
Los of arohanuixxx

catherine said...

My suggestions are: lettuce and veg sarnies, mousetraps, veg. on crackers, cheese and veg. on toast, you could always make a drink with it.