Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Monday in Cuenca

I told you the other day about the Peruvian lady (Susie) I call on. Well we went back to her yesterday and once again she pulled out the stool for us to sit on and we were able to sit and have a chat. I asked Susie if she had the bible I had given her the other day so I could show her how to use it. No, she didn't have it because her friend had taken it and the BT book home to her house as she wanted to read it too. Ok well we carried on chatting for a while longer then I said I would come back and talk some more about her question - how do we know the bible is really from god. I nearly fell off the stool when she said "when are you coming because my friend will want to be here too". How cool is that? Arrangements are made for Friday so we shall see what happens then. The thing about this woman is she is so patient with me - Becky was with me yesterday and she is making me do the talking now, of course with a lot of help from her and it is good for me.
Becky and I then went to one of her studies who I had been to before, when the girl was pregnant and once after she had the baby. The poor girl has just lost that baby as it had something wrong with his intestines and the doctors didn't catch it in time. He died on the operating table. It is so sad but what is worse is people are telling her the baby is now in pergutory. What a cruel teaching that is. Soyla is lapping up the truth and yesterday said to Becky she really feels God sent Becky to her. It was an emotional study but so nice to be able to give a positive hope and teach the truth.
Later on in the day I was priviledged to go with Becky again - this time on her english study. Donna has just had an operation and is recuperating here in Cuenca. She came to Mark's talk on Sunday, her first, and enjoyed it. Once again awesome to see this womans eye's being opened.

Didn't have a very good finish to the day as I ended up on the bus going the wrong way and it was a little frightening because it was getting dark and I didn't know where I was. One of those situations where the only thought going through my head was - "what the heck am I doing here-alone on a bus in the middle of a third world country!"

4 comments:

The Kinlocher's said...

Hey Alice I beat you!
Very nice to hear from you Beth - it certainly sounds like you are progressing. Sorry that you had a rough end to the day but at least your husband was cooking tea for you.
Hi to all your friends and bible students from way down under.

love from us

The Scottys said...

Ann: What do the scriptures say!
The first will be last???lol

BETH;
*SORZ about The bus ride it must have been freaky and a bad end to your day,
Who knows there may have been an angel riding it too cause your doing it jehovah's WAY!!
*What a privilege to know that John 8:32 says "the truth will set you free,
Becky's study will appreciate to be free from babylonish teachings justlike me!!
As for your lady who has the stools,
WOW what a awesome experience you are showing her Jehovah's tool's!!
So our dear sister in spanishland remember we share your trials ,joys and tears,
And that we know one day you will be embracing us once again back HERE!!
Keep up the awesome work, love to Mark
Arohanuixxxx

catherine said...

What lovely experiences you are having. It is a good thing they are being recorded on the blog that way you have a great record of them. I can imagine how you felt when you visited the lady who lost her baby.

Marisa said...

Poor little baby. So sad. :(