Friday, February 11, 2011

Bathing Beauty - that I am not!

One of the recommendations of my Doctors (yep I have a few) is to go to the Hot Pools and exercise. I've kinda been putting it off cause I'm not really a Hot Pool kind of person - we have them back home and I didn't like going to them much (something about the water just puts me off - our pools are natural spring water or sea water  pools and often there is a slight scum - gross!). Anyway today a kind sister in Amanda's congregation offered to take us as they go twice a week. We had to get up early though as they were outside our house waiting at 7am! It was fine once I had woken up at around 7.30am! The pools are actually very clean and as you can see by the picture they are in a pretty surrounding. It is mandatory to shower before entering the pool and the woman wear bathing caps (I must have looked hilarious in mine). The sisters make a real time of it as we spent 2 hours there - by that time I had melted. I got out slightly earlier than them because I thought I would hold them up, being so slow at dressing - shouldn't have worried, they have to shower, put on their makeup and look beautiful before coming out. We waited for them for about 1/2 an hour! In reality though - that's ok because I don't have a lot else to do to fill my days up.

6 comments:

scott and annette said...

Hello Mark, Beth, Amanda, and Aaron,
Just want to let you know how much I have enjoyed reading your experiences. I started back at the beginning so it took me awhile to catch up. We (Scott and I) know Chad and Michele, becuase of our friend in common Michele (we are in NY) and getting to go to Outer Banks vacation with Chad and Michele and family. I have had friends over the years go to Ecuador and have always thought it would be so fun. I will say that New Zealand sounds quite the place to visit also. I am now putting myself through school, but maybe when done we will try to visit. If you ever come to the states please let us know, because it would be so nice to meet you in person. Please give our love to Chad and Michele. We are so encouraged by their hard work also.
Your friend,
Annette Ripley

Elizabeth in Ecuador (de nuevo) said...

So Nice to "Meet" you Annette (and Scott) And thank you for your comments.
If we don't get to meet you in person here in Ecuador - you will have to come to NZ!! Of course we don't have a house anymore to put you up in but have plenty of contacts.
Saludos a todos
Beth

Maureen and Lloyd said...

Looks like you are being well looked after by the sisters, fancy you being slow hard to imagine, but you also saw me slow and hot pools recommended but the ice pack was the answer so worth a try too, 5 seconds only then off, a great pain deterent. Hope you speed up soon, however like good cheese these things take time. Love to you and yours thinking of you all love motherinlaw

The Kinlocher's said...

wow thats the first time I have seen a message from your MIL - well done Maureen - so the computer is working huh!

Aaron said...

Is that Banos?

Elizabeth in Ecuador (de nuevo) said...

yes Aaron - cool aye?