Tuesday, September 9, 2008

FOR SALE

One slightly used, butt-ugly couch up for sale

Things either move really slow here or they go so fast your head is spinning!

As you know we have decided to move and when I rang last night to confirm the date with the lady - we were told that not only is the rent $20 cheaper now (when has that ever happened in NZ) but also that we can move in today and not start paying rent till the end of the month. Of course we will not be able to move straight in as there are a few things to organize first - like moving my lifeline, the internet, to the new place - but at least we can start moving slowly.

Also last night we sold everything we are not taking bar the ugly couch so glad we don't have to take the "devil-stove" etc with us. So folks - once again any takers on a slightly used, interchangeable, butt-ugly lounge suite??? Will be sold to the highest bidder - transport costs of course buyers responsiblity!

9 comments:

Rebecca McCleskey said...

Ah...too bad I already have a couch. This is just what I wanted to bring my whole "I Dream of Jeanie" decor together....:)

The Kinlocher's said...

I too would have LOVED to purchase the couch but sadly got one here in NZ earlier this year. Darn it isn't it always the way the perfect purchase comes along just after you have taken second best!
Karen what about you could you replace the one you have in your lounge with this little beautie? Am sure it won't cost you too much to ship it out... who knows it might even get lost overboard then you could claim on insurance!!! NOT

Pleased to hear that things are going well with the move - fantastic in fact.

catherine said...

wow is that the new place. How is your present landlord feeling about your moving on. By the way I do not need a couch either

Elizabeth in Ecuador (de nuevo) said...

No Catherine - that is our old house with the beautiful lounge suite (see how I am now trying to talk it up). I will post pictures of our new digs as soon as I can.

The Scottys said...

Okay the couch doesn't look so grand,
Mark may need it for his new job as a Massage Man!lol
Sorry mark you may have a frown, but this is going to take me awhile to let it down.
There goes Ann picking on sweet Karen again,
Rather you then me shes causing me no pain!lol
ANN good to see you are back on deck,
Beth can see getting rid of that couch is going to be a pain in the neck!!
Yahoo for that electric oven and a better price on the rent what a blast,
Jehovah is surely looking out for you both becuase you are putting him first & not last!!!
All the best with your Move.
Arohanuixx

planetblu said...

That's great! Hope we can find a similar deal somewhere in town in late Feb!

The Scottys said...

Beth
Sorry but i couldn't wait for your next blogg,
You know me Im addicted i am such a hogg!
Heard you a little problem with your nose so I was told,lol
Wow us kiwi sisters are discreet unlike the spanish one's who are BOLD!
Well Mark can tell us in the next blogg what happened to you,
To all you blogg readers wait and see you are going to find it funny too!

Elizabeth in Ecuador (de nuevo) said...

Alice - Ann talks too much - that is definitely not going on the blog!! (sniff sniff!)

The Kinlocher's said...

sorry about that - i was laughing so much about it and wouldn't you know Alice rang about 30 seconds later - so sorry if I shared any secrets out of school! :( Pse 4give me