Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Here we are posing for a photo - when this strange feller came along. Boy there are some odd folks here in Ecuador!

Today we had a nice experience. After walking all morning we finished the territory at around 12pm and Mark and I decided we would go up the hill (by bus) and do some no en casa's. Well we didn't have much success until the very last house.When I knocked on the door - the senora looked out the window and seemed to go away again. It is sometimes difficult to get people to actually come to the door - so we thought she would be a no show. We were just about to leave when the window opened up, so I launched into my spiel. Well she listened and looked at the BT book with great interest. I told her she could have it and she was surprised I didn't want any money for it. Of course I told her we do accept donations but if she would read it I would be happy to leave it with her. Then I said my spanish was not very good but I would like to return with a friend that does speak more and talk more with her. Surprisingly she told me exactly which days she would be home so we could return. Of course I came away with the biggest smile. It had been worth the very sore feet to find her at home. Let's hope it leads somewhere - she really needs to learn there is a better life waiting for her because honestly she sure didn't have much.

4 comments:

The Scottys said...

The bible says"How comely are the feet,
WOW a great return visit how really neat!!
Love the photo of you and Mark,
Don't know about the fella who is a lark!!lol
Keep up the great work our dear friends,
We will do our best at Bethlehems END!!
arohanuixxx

ANN & CATHERINE
SO WHEN DO WE GO TO ECUADOR????LOL

catherine said...

What a great experience Beth I too had an enjoyable day out in service in Fiji. We called on a young Indian girl and her sister and sisters husband. The sister I was with started a study with them all.

The Kinlocher's said...

hi Alice - just dreaming but who knows maybe next year - thats what Catherine is planning anyway. But I guess it depends if there are two beds or not! LOL

Elizabeth in Ecuador (de nuevo) said...

Look stop worrying about the beds - there is always the Bodaga (storeroom) on the roof top!

That was a neat experience for you too Catherine.

Alice - glad you are keeping the home fires burning!