Thursday, November 6, 2008

1st Day Back on the Job

Susie and the crazy gringa lady from down under
(Sorry the photo is a little blurry (and not particularly good of me) but it is taken by a sister
who I don't think had ever touched a camera before
)
Today I was feeling much better so headed out in the morning. The first thing I wanted to do was go and call on Susie as last week I had been unable to see her. Well I am so glad I did cause if I had put it off until tomorrow - I would have missed her. She is going home to Peru! Oh I am so sad! But really it is the best thing for her and her daughters. She gave me her phone number in Peru and took mine so that if she comes back - she can get back in touch with me and she promised to contact the witnesses in Peru. I told her I would call her as soon as I could speak better spanish! Who knows we may get to talk again - maybe even at a convention!
Now here is something interesting - we were at the Gringos Anonymous Meeting for lunch today and afterwards as we were walking along the street, Kelly brought this unusual looking thing. I can't for the life of me remember what she called it but obviously it is some kind of bean. She broke it open (the woman has superhuman strength) and the idea is -you pick out the beans and suck all the frothy outer layer away. It is surprisingly refreshing and good. Creation - never fails to impress!

3 comments:

Lynne said...

Glad you are feeling better Beth -that must have been strong medicine for you to be up and around again so quick! xxx

The Kinlocher's said...

that looks ....unusual to say the least. Glad you are feeling better Beth.

Have a good day/night.
love from us

Marisa said...

Whoa! That bean looks like it came off Jack's beanstalk!