Saturday, November 22, 2008

English Study

Here is a picture of Frances, my one bit of normality each week, as we study in English. She is half Puerto Rician and half Dominician Repuplic, brought up in the States and married to an Ecuadorian! She speaks spanish perfectly but does not read it so yahoo - I get to study with her is english. Had a problem this morning with the opening prayer when I faltered many times because I kept wanting to say a spanish word instead of english so I am in real trouble now - I don't know one language and I am forgetting the other! Help I am loosing my identity!

7 comments:

Rebecca McCleskey said...

That's a good sign. You're beginning to THINK in Spanish. Yippee.

Elizabeth in Ecuador (de nuevo) said...

ha Bekky - you wish!

Lynne said...

Don't you just want to touch that girl's hair! She could be in a Pantene ad! And your hair is looking good too Beth! STAY BLONDE!!! xxx

Elizabeth in Ecuador (de nuevo) said...

Hey when we get back to NZ - I might not be able to afford to go to the hairdresser!

The Kinlocher's said...

Man Frances certainly has beautiful hair - is it naturally curly? I know yours is naturally blond aye Beth but if you don't find a hairdresser in NZ it will become even more naturally blonded!

catherine said...

Looking good Beth before long you will be talking spanglish a little bit of both

altiro said...

I had a similar problem when We did a return visit in Auckland. This guy was from Brasil, so he spoke english and Portuguese. In the conversation, I mixed english, spanish and portuguese! It was so funny and confuse for me.
So I can undestand you.

- Ruben