Friday, August 15, 2008

Whale Watching & Poor Man's Galapogus Island




We had a great day with the girls - checking out the whales and blue footed boobies. It was a little much for me the walk though cause the climbing up and down showed just how unfit I am. I don't know why I did not get a photo of the step steps - you would have understood my exhaustion if you saw where we went. After a long day - when we made it back to land - I could hardly walk so we stopped for a bite to eat on the shorefront. However that made us late for the bus and while we were waiting for the next one - the taxi drivers started pestering us - telling us there where no more buses that night! The price to take us back started at $20 - then rose to $25. I was quite happy by this stage to pay for us all - but the girls waited it out. Finally though it seemed obvious that we would be waiting all night so we took a $24 fare. Just as we were organized to go - along came the bus!!! I didn't care though cause as you may remember -the Coast buses were yukky and the thought of the hour ride home on one didn't thrill me!
I am glad we did the trip - but if any of you come over - you are on your own if you want to do it - I am staying put in the hammock!

2 comments:

The Kinlocher's said...

I am so staying in the hammock - send someone else with the camera!

And I have another thing to say....

WHERES ALICE GONE?

catherine said...

Amazing I will not be staying put in the hammock. Ann you will just have to get fit between now and then. when we went to Fraser Island we saw whales from our bus window but of course we were not as close as you were. I just love your videos Beth and am looking forward to seeing it all for real soon losaluv