Friday, August 1, 2008

District Convention

Well the hotel´s computer is free so I just thought I would let you know we are doing fine and just loving the convention. I found Maria first thing this morning and promptly burst into tears at the sight of her. It was like hugging one of my kids! So very emotional. We were interviewed on the second talk - so we are kind of famous now - Hey and guess what - Helen & Junior Jones (she was in the magazine this year - I´ve talked about her before) well they were on the same part. Fancy that! At lunchtime a maori sister who has been here for 11 years from Matata grabbed me and said ¨hey cuz!¨and then another couple - from Nelson who have been here for 2 years came and introduced themselves and finally a young feller from Opotiki ( Knows you Colleen and Ted), he is married to an Ecuadorian, came up too. I have told them all to meet us in front of the stage tomorrow for a photo shoot. So that will be on the blog in due time (when we get back to Cuenca I expect).
We were stopped all day long by people saying how encouraged they are by our move - some folks have said it is making them think hard about their own situation. (These are the ones that are only visiting for the assembly-of course). So it has made Mark and I feel very worthwhile - even though our spanish is limited.
The convention speakers are very interesting to listen to (not saying ours are not but the accents are so fascinating) and they all seem to just put a little plug in about need greating and so that is encouraging. It is a great convention and I know you will love it - great for young people today!
It is pretty hot here and we have been utilizing the fan you brought Mark, Ann - so thanks for the forthought!
As I say I will post photos as soon as I have the chance. Chao amigos

2 comments:

catherine said...

I can imagine he emotion you felt when you met up with fellow kiwis. We are looking forward to our convention in 3 weeks time. luvya

fiamma veneta said...
This comment has been removed by the author.