Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Scare yourself silly - give a talk in another language!

When things go wrong - they go wrong! Tonight was a little stressful to say the least. First of all my householder phoned to say she couldn't be there as she had a cough - oh great! So I scrambled around and got one of the sisters in our BS group and we had a quick practice before the meeting.My heart was pumping so much when it was finally my turn - I didn't think anyone would be able to hear me speak.
We started off fine but then Racquel forgot to answer a question which threw me a little but we managed to get back on course. She kept adding bits in and so unfortunately I went 45 seconds over time which he had words to me about - but understood of course. The funny thing was I was working on Articulation - or pronunciation - what a joke. I was so nervous that I am sure I did not articulate or pronunciate well at all.
I had jacked Mark up with the camera to video it for you but as I say things always go wrong with the plan - the camera would not work for a video - I think the memory stick has a problem. Anyway I had to do a set up for the video - you will get the drift I am sure.
We are off to Guayaquil tomorrow and are not returning until Friday next so I may not be able to blog for awhile- don't worry I will catch you up when we get back. Chao for now

2 comments:

The Kinlocher's said...

whew good on ya for trying says mum - but we couldn't understand a word you were saying!
I would have given you a big tick - by the way my heart is pumping for my talks and I am speaking in english!
What talk was it?

The Scottys said...

Jehová no es lento, respetando su promesa como algunos consideran lentitud, pero él es paciente con usted porque no deseo a ningún ser destruidos, pero todos los deseos de alcanzar al arrepentimiento.
2 peter 3:9.
Sounds like talk number 4??, Beth you spoke beautifully I was in Awe!
Wow you have come a real long way,since the first time I heard you speak spanish at your RV that day!
Working on articulation or pronunciation is a bit rough, but you were warm and exciting we know you are a tough!
You rock sister for still going ahead, whilst your 1st householder was at home lying in bed!
The video camera & things may not had been alright on the Night, but coming home to your talk and blogg has been a AWESOME DELIGHT!!
arohanuixxxxx GIDDAY TO YA fAITH & Ann,thanks for your smiles at the meeting it was GRAND!