Monday, July 28, 2008

Poor Mark

We have had an interesting BS tonight - it was the final study in the Revelation Book as you know and afterwards one of the sisters had made a celebration supper. We had seen her bring in a hotplate before the meeting started and heard it bubbling away so were thinking it might be a hot chocolate drink as we have had before. But no - much to Marks horror he gets served a lovely warm drink of milk and rice. Mark may be a farm boy but he abhors milk and this was not going to be easy for him to stomach. Actually to me it tasted like a sweet rice pudding my mum would have made although of course very watered (or should I say milked) down. I got mine down no problem then discreetly swapped with Mark, the empty cup for his half full one. I will expect him to do the same for me when I am next served sweet coffee, which nearly turns my stomach!
We then made out way home in the dark as we have been experiencing power cuts tonight - it is pitch black out there too and not easy to navigate the torn up road however we made it home without me falling over - amazing in itself! That is another thing to go on the shopping list for just in case times - candles! By the way the spare key I brought paid for itself today as the door shut on me again - only takes one boo boo to never make the same mistake twice!

6 comments:

catherine said...

That is what I would find the hardest thing to have to do when you are serving in a foreign country. Having to eat or drink things you dont like or dont know how they are prepared, especially how clean the preperation is. why dont you have a torch with you forthe nights that there are no lights. Enjoy your convention this weekend lotsalove

The Scottys said...

You are applying what jeff said in his talk tonight about working together as a couple, in todays world couples do things separately their marriage topples!
You went beyond that call of duty drinking his milk and rice,
Im sure he would return the favor when you get something not as nice!
Jeff said we were his guninea pigs for this talk he's using next weekend, if we smiled he will give it or a frown he will still give it regardless if it may offend!lol
It was an excellent talk based on "the love of the christ how it affects you",great pointers on working together as couples, families, meetings, prayers to help get us through! What a great finish after the book of revelation, unlike your exciting supper celebration!
I rather travel in this cold, windy, rain, nothing compared to your pitch black and rough terrain!
Faith kept Ann and I in check at the meeting, I was afraid of that stick of hers I might get a beating!If you are reading this faith I mean no harm, you are still a sweet lady full of Charm!
Catherine its nice to see your comments on the blogg, just as well you got in first as you can see I take a lot of space what a HOG!! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK AMIGOS.
arohanuixxxxx

fiamma veneta said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Kinlocher's said...

alice i hate this rhyme thing that you do
Thats only because i can't compete with you
but we (mum and I) do get to laugh
Probably some of the other rellies just barf! (aye Sharon)
But nice to 'see' Catherine has been on the blog
Fancy being first - stops that Alice girl being a hog
Have you all noticed that she is usually first
And it doesn't take long till her words are in verse
Yes Jeff's talk it really was good
But one needed to be listening so it was understood
Praying, bible reading and witnessing together too
All great ideas I think don't you?
Well it's wet and its windy here in NZ
And finally there is only one more thing to be said
Sorry Mark you had to have the milk and rice
But if the sis had put cream on top it would have been nice!
For anyone else but you now thats a sure
So sorry for you both having to endure
But please stay away from the 'pigs' don't learn how they're cooked
coz if you served that up for us we'd all be crook(ed)
I'm off to work now so Alice get ya fingers twitching
Coz when i come home to see what you've written I'll be itching! :)

Elizabeth in Ecuador (de nuevo) said...

mmm cream on top - now you're talking!

The Scottys said...

Ann oh Ann why do you tempt me,im trying to restrain myself and you don't make it easy!
Loved ya blogg today and the idea of cream on top, with all this carry on with food & cream my diet is a FLOP!
Hello again Mark & Beth in Spanishland,I honestly was not going to do another blogg you can blame ANN!
xxxx