Saturday, July 5, 2008

What a difference a week makes

This morning as I walked up the hill to the study with Yolanda at 8 a.m. instead of looking at my surroundings negatively like I did last week, I looked around and marveled at the awesomeness of Jehovah's creations.If only the pictures would show how fantastic the countryside is here. I think I have said before how much it reminds me of the swiss alps. Anyway by the time I got to Yolanda's house I was in such a good mood and by the time I left - I was in an even better one. I was only stuck once in the course of the conversation with Yolanda, when she asked a question, I told her to remember that question until Lisa came back and she would be able to answer it for her. She laughed and said that she would try. I was well pleased with myself. In fact I was enjoying it so much that it was hard to switch and go to my English study.
Mark had an interesting experience the other day - he was attacked by a little old lady! (No it wasn't me!). He knocked on the gate as we usually do and called out Buenos Dias! The Senora came out and looked them up and down so Mark started his presentation and held up the bible and magazine so she could see it. She started walking towards the gate and as she got closer she got angrier and angrier. She threated to call the police on him and then grabbed a baton that was holding the chicken coop shut. She was wielding it through the fence posts trying to hit him and going off her head. Of course Mark and his companion made a hasty retreat - laughing as they went. So now we know that that stories about other areas are true. We had heard that sticks and stones will be thrown at brothers and sisters and those with vehicles have to be careful because they will get trashed. It is usually the Priests that incite the people to cause these problems because they don't like the bible being preached in their area!

5 comments:

The Scottys said...

Thrilled you have found some other way to enjoy walking up the HIll.
And that your week has so improved you are now in the Spanish GROOVE!
Thanks for making us laugh Mark our Mate, by getting attacked by the old lady at the GATE!
She sounds like a little chiwawa, you running away laughing HA HA.We will laugh about this in many days to come. I know we are not going to be the only ones.
Still you both are enduring your Quest, what a awesome way of giving jehovah your BEST.
Thanks heaps for sharing your trials and joys with us, it strengthens me always glad we are on the same BUS!
"adoerele amonotona a nuestros queridos amigos"
Arohanuixxx

The Kinlocher's said...

hola - not sure if we look forward to the message on the blog site or the comment from the scottys! Both are great - keep it up everyone.
"adoerele amonotona a nuestros queridos amigos" ditto whatever this means

The Scottys said...

"Love your heaps our friends" answer to Kinlocher's query.
Same back enjoy your comments!Sorry for using your site as a message board Amigos after all we do live in the same area lol!
"Hope you both are great in spanish land,we look forward to your return in KWIWLAND.
arohanuixxx

Elizabeth in Ecuador (de nuevo) said...

Hey you guys - I don't mind you talking to each other via this site - it keeps me in the loop. I love getting comments - so keep it up both of you.
xxx

The Kinlocher's said...

so Scottys whats "Hope you both are great in spanish land,we look forward to your return in KWIWLAND" in English - he he he.
Cya Wed-day don't 4get theo min sch & serv meat!Yum yum. PS still on the up and up old girl? Good show and xcellant! :)