Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A day of work at the Salon de Asamblea



Today I went with Mark up to the assembly hall. He volunteers up there every week and I have been told there is plenty of work for me too so I tagged along today. Trouble is it is about another 1000 feet up and it was jolly freezing up there today - or as they say here "chachi!" So my job was painting the scrolls on the fence - what a fiddly job - I am sure it looked just as good all green - with no gold at all on it. Mark as you can see was in his favorite place most of the time - he is still up there as I write this - I came home early cause it is meeting night tonight and I need a siesta!

Brother and Sister Jones are being transfered at the end of August to Guayaquil and it will be such a loss to Cuenca. Helen says it is the hardest thing she has been asked to do in her whole full time service so that is sad for her. It is just that Jnr Jones has a lot of experience with sound equipment so he is needed at the assembly hall in Guayaquil. He keeps hinting to us that they need another couple to assist the Brother that will be left in charge here - of course I don't think we really fit the bill as we have not proved ourselves here yet.

10pm update - Mark's holiday is over - it was announced tonight that he is an "anciano" (cracks me up that the literal translation of that is OLD MAN). The applause from the congo was tremendous and afterwards they were all coming up congratulating us both - they are so happy and say it is a great privilege for their congo to have 4 ancianos. By the way we also handed in our application form tonight so it remains to be seen if we get accepted or not. I have decided that if I don't try regular I will never know if I have the strength or not so I just have to bite the bullet and do it.

6 comments:

The Scottys said...

Beth the paint work looks great you did on the fence, yes humble Mark in his favorite place just as well he takes no offence!
You have been thru mud and rain, and almost attacked by an old lady who almost caused pain!
Nearly blown up by the gas oven and walk the kaimai miles, Yet you both still remain with tears, joy and smiles!
You both may struggle the spanish language to speak, you are the living example when Jesus said "Happy are the Meek!!
There were frustrating times when you had to sort out your Censo ID Card, still with peservance you never gave up when it got hard!
Your big heart always does what it loves most, in a strange land you are willing to Host!
The list goes on for both of you and I guess you know where this is leading to!
Aunty Alice is saying you have nothing else to prove, another blessing Jehovah approves!
To help the congregation and this brother who is left in charge,you know you have have jah's holy spirit and angels at large!
So dear friends in wonderful Spanish-land, it's looking to me that this could be another part of Jehovah's plan.
Look forward to reading more, laways excited to see what it's instore.
Arohanuixxx Keep up the great work

Elizabeth in Ecuador (de nuevo) said...

Hey Aunty Alice old girl
Your comments get me all in a whirl
I love to come home and see what you've writ
You are so funny and have great wit
(I know I could have rhymed the word twit there - but that would be very unfair!)
So if you're not rhymed out please keep em coming
And Ann of course - you too are really humming!

The Scottys said...

Aggree totally a privilege for them to have you there, we reap your experiences and joys via the bloggs so glad you can share!
Ancianos translated elderly and old, our bothers & sisters have a way with words how very bold!
I am so excited you both have put in your forms, Beth jehovah will give you power beyond what is NORM!
"Shining as illuminators in the world is how the School describes the Pioneers, obstacles will be many but all worthwhile you have the privilege of going to the School after 1 year!!!
Start your pioneering if your answer you still awaiting, be assure in your pioneering you will be participating! I can say that comment with positivity, because in Jehovah you are putting him first in your Activity!
Arohanuixxx
I have something more to smile about the meeting tonight!!

The Scottys said...

Hey ann girl I caught your eye looking at me at the meeting, I was thinking she's writing a rhyme this girl is cheating!(lol)
I really do enjoy having you as my partner in rhyme, but you know there is a right a place and a time!(tee hee)
So keep them coming whether they be short or long, because we all enjoy them on the blogg is where they belong!
Hey beth you would have cracked me up if you used the word TWIT!
At times there were words i had to hold back I have to admitt.(lol)
Its Morena( good morning) from me in Kiwiland, apology for the space I take up, but I won't claim it back like the Maoriland!!
Arohanuixxxx KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK YOU TWO!

The Kinlocher's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Kinlocher's said...

G
O
O
D
N
I
G
H
T Beth and Alice