Monday, July 21, 2008

More Mail!












Today we got the nicest surprise when we went past our letter box in town - we had another letter!
So off to the coffee shop to open it and how exciting it was to read all the comments from our friends in Bethlehem! Thanks guys - you are the best! As you can see it has now taken pride of place on our wall of rememberance!
We had decided we would get our eyes tested today - I wondered if my eyes had deteriorated somewhat as sometimes it is hard to read. And yep they had - well one anyway - my left eye is really bad and so the right one is doing all the work. Could account for some of those headaches eh? Upshot is I need new glasses and I should be wearing them most of the time now he says. So more money to pay out - but guess what for $300 I get a pair of graduated/transitional specs - my last pair in NZ (not transitional) cost over $800 so I don't think it is too bad. Oh by the way - that included the eye exam for both me and Mark too (Marks eyes are fine - he just needs better light in the house!).

3 comments:

The Scottys said...

Okay its been 1 whole day and night, can't take it anymore i just had to write! I did not want to be the first on the blogg, but my fingers are twitching im sweating like a Hogg!
Been doing quite well in eating healthy but had to give my self a beating, thanks to those lovely pictures of you both enjoying eating!
Peyton's place was a treat to see, but you cant beat the funny person on E! Glad to see you got the Card from us all, thoughtful Ann-girl did her rounds at the kingdom Hall.
You sound like the Blind leading the blind, I hope good glasses and good light you will find!!
The twitiching has stopped no longer sweating like a hogg, I have to admitt I am addicted to your blogg!Can see your blessings are rich in Spanishland, thanks so much sharing them with us in kiwiland!!
arohanuixxx p.s its maori language week what does this mean TENA COCO, TENA MILO?

Elizabeth in Ecuador (de nuevo) said...

tena coco & tena milo - mmm that reminds me - its time for a coffee!

The Scottys said...

Roses are red violets are blue,
You haven't lost dat kiwiana good both of you!!!