Saturday, July 12, 2008

Mud very unglorious Mud!

I am so sick of mud because for the last 2 days I seem to have
been up in my neck in it!


Yesterday we were way up in the hills and it was raining intermittently so of course everything turns to slush! But they keep right on going - and that means I gotta keep right on going with them. Well actually that is not quite true because eventually I just have to say enough is enough and leave them to it! It is hard enough walking up the hills in this altitude without walking up the hills -trying not to slip over in the mud - as the short video shows!
Anyway unfortunately only one of my studies panned out this morning (the 8am one I do for Lisa) and so I ended up going on the territory again. For the life of me I cannot figure out why we went the way we did! The "block" we were working was all uphill but that was ok cause it was a paved road - then all of a sudden we were directed down a steep path. I am so mad cause I didn't have my camera this morning - so I could prove to you what a nightmare it was. At one point I nearly cried - it was so hard. I said to Mark "what the heck are we doing out in the Ecuadorian Jungle - this is not what I signed up for!" For nearly an hour we slowly trekked our way through brush - all the time under foot was soggy wet MUD!There was only one house and guess what - we could have reached it from the road! I have to say it was one of my least enjoyable days - after being out for 4 hours I am absolutely pooped - so I reckon I deserve my siesta today.

4 comments:

catherine said...

Now there is a new vocation for Mark learn how to make mud houses. I am sure I would feel the same way as you and get very sick of the mud very quickly. keep up the good work I think of you all the time x x

The Scottys said...

In the song on E news was the guy saying CLUELESS. CLUELESS????
Thought it was ideal to your situation but don't feel BLUELESS!
All that trudging through that unglorious Mud is not for me, hope you enjoyed that picture i emailed you with the guy on mud Ski's.
It's easy for us to sit in the comfort of our lifestlyes and say keep going mates!
thanks heaps for sharing your blessings and experiences this we can contemplate.
Theres a time to speak, a time to laugh and a time to cry,
BETH you would have legs to die for, Walking in that mud is GREAT FOR THOSE THIGH'S!!(tee hee)
So my friends I will bring this blogg to an end,
Will wait upon Ann Girl blogg and see what she will send!
Numbers 6:24-26 is what Jehovah is doing to you both right now,
I am so privilege to have you both and Him as our Best Pow!!
Arohanuixxxxx

The Kinlocher's said...

sorry beth couldn't see the video for some reason - did anyone else have difficulties?
also sorry to have missed your phoen call yesterday - we came in aobut 3 minutes after you hung up! Grrrr
having been moving some plants around in the garden for mum this morning don't think i could cope with the mud you are putting up with but Alice might be right its probably giving you a great work out! - maybe since you are having a day off you could give yourself a mud face pack! Bad idea - though so!!!!By the way was it a brother that sent you the long way around to the house? And more importantly were they at home?
take care

The Planning Manning's said...

We have one word for you two 'GUMBOOTS' try buying some for all that mud.