Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Smiling

My equilibrium has been restored! I was able to spend an hour and a half out in the ministry. I have missed it very much - it certainly is the thing that keeps us here. I had a nice talk to a young man who in the end, after listening to me read a couple of texts in the bible, took a brochure. Then I found one of my calls (she had progressed to a study but has not been at home for ages) and she said she would really like us to keep trying to find her at home. Yay (except of course her house is the most inaccessible house in the territory - uphill all the way - that's the way it goes I suppose!)
Michele and I think we are now up to being able to take turns - morning on - morning off, so hopefully we will both get to spend time in the field.
We also have the CO visiting our congo this week so we are busy but they are very interesting to talk to and very encouraging. I am trying to talk (I have even attempted trying extortion) them in to letting me interview them so you can meet them too. We'll see what happens.
I am home now to bake a cake as Carina, the sister sent by the branch to help us for 2 weeks is leaving. Have to show her our appreciation somehow eh? Anyway I better get to it!

3 comments:

The Kinlocher's said...

Good post - you sound good - the fresh air and the walking must have done you some good huh?

The Scottys said...

UMM Cake we miss your home baking.
Glad to see you are feeling much refreshed.
Proverbs 10:22 arohanuixx

Just Me said...

Hey there guys. Miss you so much. I haven't been by the computer much and it will be awhile again cause I have to get mine fixed, but thanks for the updates. Miss you lots.