Saturday, December 27, 2008

Another Gringos Day Out

TALKING LUNCH
We were treated on Friday to another Gringos Day Out with G and CC. At about 8.30 am Mark got a call from G saying he would pick us up at 10 - Mark originally thought he must have had an arrangement to help sort literature or something - which would have really annoyed me cause we had planned a day off. Anyway it was all good and off we went on our little adventure. We went south this time about 40 or 50 kms I guess (can't really tell as the road twisted and turned quite a few times). Eventually G had to park the van cause we could go no further - the road was being worked on and was in a very bad state. Not the best news when you have been walking up hills all week but the view was worth it when we finally arrived. None of us were particularly dressed right for the occasion(all of us had heard G wrong about our detination)and it was a little cold but we survived. It was nice to get out of town and to stop thinking for awhile about all the whanau (family) in NZ being together and having fun. For those not in the know - this time of year is summer in Kiwiland and everyone goes on vacation. We always get together with family or friends and enjoy barbeques, picnics and generally good times so being alone this year is a little strange.

4 comments:

The Scottys said...

*Kia ora Gringos in Spanishland,
And Mark we have named you the silent man!
*As we have noticed that through most of the bloggs you have little to say,
But somehow Beth manages to get you to fool around and pose and lead the others astray! lol
*Yes Beth I can imagine you would be missing whanau and friends this time of the year,
We had a a great barbie saturday nite with the Keane & children their partners,& others wishing you were here!
*Maria was telling us about her experiences and meeting up with you both was a blessing,
It made us feel closer to you it took that empty feeling away of you both Missing!
*We had the traditional barbie meat, salads, veges, pavalova and fruit salad,
Yummy, yummy it was most excellent unlike your scary fish not very appetitising and harsh on the Palate!
*We too are counting the days of you both coming home for a holiday,
Then you will have lots of Barbeques, real food and plenty to say!
arohanuixx
*Kinlochers
Hope you having a great holiday!!
xx

Marisa said...

"Do you really want to eat me?"

Sounds like a Culture Club song...

Elizabeth in Ecuador (de nuevo) said...

Marisa - that song was in my head when I was putting that together - but I couldn't make anymore words up to go with that line!

Alice - nice to hear from you again - glad you are having fun. Made my first Pavalova here the other night for the americans and they loved it! Will try it out on the Ecuadorian friends soon and let you know what they think of it.

The Scottys said...

*Marisa,
Great knowledge of music didnt pick that one out!

*Beth good one! I finish it off for you.
*"Do you really want to eat me,
Gringo I come from a family of three.
*They are going to miss me,
Think of me while you eat me for tea.

*Its not me you hungering for,
so free me Senora!
*Let me go to live my life,
on the ocean floor!!
**Do you really want to eat me!!!
xxx
love the challenge of your "Guess what!!!