Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Pioneer Meeting


Precusor Regulares con el Superintendente de Circuito
We have just got home from our first ever pioneer meeting and although we only understood about 75% of what was discussed - we came home on a high. Nice to be part of such a cool group!

Actually today has been an all round great day. This morning I had arrangements with Becky who is finally back in service after having her neck operated on. It was good to be out with her again as I learn heaps from her - also when they arrived here 11 years ago - they were both just like us - unable to speak spanish and now look at them - it gives us something to hope for. Anyway I digress - we did a little bit of territory first, both placing books, and then went to a call I had arranged last week. I had offered a study to a very nice woman called Esperanza and she had accepted but you never know if they are just being kind and make the arrangement with the intention of not being home. Well Esperanza was home and immediately invited us in (a first for me here). She had her bible ready but no book - her husband, a doctor, had taken it to work to read. No problem we said and gave her Becky's book promising to bring another one next week for her. We had a proper study with her for nearly an hour with me trying to conduct (Becky had to tell me to breathe at one point). Esperanza is so nice and very patient with me, basically I can only ask the questions in the book and can't elaberate at all, so having Becky there is such a great help. It is a joy and a relief to be able to understand what is being said and feel part of the conversation too - sometimes you just don't realize you are improving - but I guess we are, especially tonight when after the meeting we were able to have a laugh with our fellow workers.

4 comments:

The Scottys said...

in*Wow so happy for you two,
Amongst a fine family of pioneers just like you!!
*I guess your visit here in february will be quick,
Back to Ecuador to SPEAK that spanish cause you both sound SLICK!!
*It helps one to appreciate what a fine and loving organiztion we belong too,
No racial barrier, we have the truth and jehovah holy spirit to carry us through.
*I'm loving your photos but at the moment some are blank,
It could be our computer its making me an old crank!!
*So amigos keep up the great work and we are glad you are having some fun,
It's see ya from Wally my poem is done!!
arohanuixx
*Ann
Thanks for the favor thursday nite.
WALLY BE ME IS ALRIGHT!!!!xx
Morning faith,
love your voice over the phone!

The Scottys said...

TODAY & TOMORROW WEATHER FOR TAURANGA.
H 24° L 13° Fine

Rebecca McCleskey said...

It was a high for me, too. You are doing so great on your Spanish. I feel priveliged to be here in the beginning to see your progress and be a part of it. Thanks for including me. For the Folks back home: Mark and Beth are amazing examples and have been so encouraging to us. Please send them back to us soon.

catherine said...

Well done Beth you and Mark are very adventurous and will have some amazing memories.Yes Becky we will let you borrow them again not that we have much say in where they go.