Friday, December 5, 2008

We do some work occasionally



All these travel videos may make you think we don't do any work so I thought I would post this while I am getting my next one ready.
The dear old lady we went to study with is 91 years old and we found her in the garden when we first got there. She had to climb the fence to get back into the house - she was very unsteady on her feet but made it ok. There is one small couch in her little house but we pulled up wooden stool each so we could talk close into her ears. She is very hard of hearing and can't see too well either so we had to read the parragraphs loudly to her (actually Mercedes does not read too well either, she is 77 by the way, so she got me to do it - reading spanish is not a strongpoint of mine either so it was a bit of a laugh). Cute little lady - she kept touching my face and hair - and was very interested in the fact I have an 88 year old mother - wanted to know why she wasn't with us here in Ecuador. What do you think Mum - want to come over?

Here I am this morning with Nancy (Joanna's Mum) - she is auxiliary pioneering this month - isn't she amazing? I gave her the dinero from the Bethlehem Congo today and she was so thankful so I just thought I would pass that on to you.Be assured your kindness is appreciated very much by them

5 comments:

The Kinlocher's said...

goodness me we don't know we are alive!

The Scottys said...

*Morning kinlochers xx

*Totally aggree with you Ann,
how privilege we are here in Kiwiland!!
*What a spiritual uplift to see Joanna's mum is pioneering,
It certainly picked me up i needed some cheering!!
*We are loving your videos & photos about your trip away,
it gives us a refreshing start to our day!
*Wow your 2 senior ladies look very nice unlike the old gal at the gate!
It goes to show that no matter what age we are learning the truth is never too late!!
KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK AMIGOS!!
arohanuixxxx

beth: its a shame you both weren't home here already.
As there was an ad in the local paper requesting for singers to join an Ecuadorian group!!
So get some lessons in now.

Elizabeth in Ecuador (de nuevo) said...

He He Alice - that's so cool though -sounds like we will have someone to talk to in spanish in Tauranga after all (well try to talk to in spanish anyway!)

Marisa said...

That's really good about Joanna's mum. How are her sibling's doing? I bet they really miss her. :(

Elizabeth in Ecuador (de nuevo) said...

Marisa - I was out this morning and Joannas little sister ran up to me and gave me a big hug. Then she wanted to come to the doors with me - she is just adorable. I don't think her and her younger brother really know what has happened to be honest. Hey thanks for the compliment about the videos btw