Sunday, December 21, 2008

Maribelle

Today we had a lovely experience that I must share with you. Do you remember me talking about Susie, the girl from Peru? She had a friend called Maribelle that had taken Susie's book and bible that I had given her - she liked them so much. Well when Susie left I had asked for Maribelles phone number and put it into my contacts but with everything else going through my head - I had forgotten all about her. About 3 weeks ago she suddenly popped back into my fried brain so I asked Michele to call her for me (it is hard enough to speak spanish face to face with someone - on the phone forget it). It took awhile to get through to her but arrangements were made for us to meet at the Market (called the Feria Libre) so she could take us to her house, as we would never have found it on our own. Michele and I felt a little conspicuous waiting at the Market as it was very busy there today and apparently a bit of a dangerous place on Sundays - we got lots of stares but no one harrased us, so that was good.
Anyway Maribelle finally showed up and off we went to her apartment and proceeded to have a very nice study with her - she really has got a good heart and had a very interesting question regarding her father, who by all accounts is a horrible man. He now has cancer and her mother thinks that God is punishing him for his past behaviour but Maribelle doesn't think God would be like that. Michele was able to answer her well but we were also studying exactly that in the BT book so it worked out well. As Michele also pointed out - it seems coincidental that I finally remembered about Maribelle when she really needed that question answered. Who was behind that I wonder?

3 comments:

Rebecca McCleskey said...

It's so exciting when we see Jehovah's hand directly in our ministry. A very nice experience.

catherine said...

Yes I wonder (not) who put that thought into your head. Great experience Beth let us know how it progresses

The Kinlocher's said...

that is such a nice experience for you to be having - bet you were buzzing for hours after that